Enjoy curling and camaraderie at the first curling club in Iowa!
To join Cedar Rapids Curling leagues (not including Instructional Leagues), players must pay an annual membership fee, which covers insurance, membership dues in our national and regional organizations, and use of club curling equipment. In addition to league play, membership offers intraclub curling and social activities throughout the year. Our goal is to provide members with opportunities to develop their curling skills and socialize with our club members as well as with regional clubs through friendlies.
To become a member of Cedar Rapids Curling, simply sign up for any league other than Instructional Leagues. Your membership fee will automatically be added to the league fee.
The Cedar Rapids Curling year runs from September through August. Memberships purchased after Jan. 1 will be charged for a partial year.
|Membership Type||Full Year Cost||Partial-year cost|
**Juniors are ages 17-21; child is 16 and younger.
- Participation in all leagues other than Instructional League
- Membership in the United States Curling Association (USCA), Midwest Curling Association (MCA), and United States Women’s Curling Association (USWCA) (for female members and men who want to join)
- Insurance coverage through USCA
- Subscription to U.S. Curling News magazine
- Club name tag (first year only)
- Club shirt (first year only)
- Log-in for member-only pages of Cedar Rapids Curling website
- Invitation to all club off-ice activities
- Substitute during leagues for free
- Free participation in MCA Prairie State and 5 & Under bonspiels
Social member benefits
- Social membership to Cedar Rapids Curling and United States Curling Association
- Invitation to club off-ice activities
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is my membership tax-deductible?
Yes, to the extent the law allows. Social, adult, junior/child member donations are tax-deductible. Please consult your personal tax advisor.
Are my League Fees Tax Deductible?
No. Neither the member nor non-member fee to register in a league is deductible. The suggested donations to play as a substitute in a league that you are not registered in may be tax deductible but consult your personal tax advisor.
Can I receive a refund for my membership?
No. A membership with Cedar Rapids Curling functions as a tax-deductible donation to the institution and is not eligible for a refund.
Can I receive a refund for my league registration fee?
League registration fees may be refunded or credited to future leagues if your cancellation is received at least two weeks before league play starts. After league play starts, a pro-rated refund or credit minus a processing fee of $40 will be refunded if requested within 60 days in writing. An email with a confirmation of receipt also will serve as written notice.