Friendlies are a chance for club members to go to a one day event at a nearby club on dedicated ice. Each friendly typically consist of 2-3 short games for each team (play, broomstack, play, broomstack).
These events are open to everyone from beginner to advanced curler. These are friendly games between 2 or more clubs, to enjoy a day of curling and to make new friends - this is why they are called friendlies!
This is a great opportunity for anyone to play on dedicated ice against other clubs and just have a fun day curling. You can sign up as a team or as an individual and we will form a team for you.
Host clubs usually have basic sliders, stabilizers and brooms to borrow if you do not have your own, but check with a CRCC officer if you have any concerns.
Cost is usually bring a dish or split the cost of food for the day.
Dec 15, 2018: Portage/Rochester/Cedar Rapids - Portage, WI
- Registration (Attendees)
- Cost $25/person - Includes Lunch & Dinner as well as soda and beer, asked to bring snacks and deserts to share.
- 11am: Potluck lunch
- Noon – 5pm: Curling
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm: Portage Sponsored Spaghetti Dinner
- 7:00pm – 50/50 Black Out Shoot Out
- 8:00pm – Open Curling/Social Time
- Midnight- Time to Close it Down
Jan 19, 2019: Owatonna/Des Moines/Cedar Rapids - Owatonna, MN
More are in the works!