Friendlies are a chance for club members to go to a one-day event at a nearby club. It’s a time to enjoy a day of curling on dedicated ice and to make new friends.
These events are open to everyone, from beginner to advanced curler, and typically consists of two to three short games, each followed by broomstacking.
You can sign up as a team or as an individual and we will form a team for you.
Host clubs usually have basic sliders, stabilizers and brooms to borrow if you do not have your own, but check with a Cedar Rapids Curling officer if you have concerns.
The cost usually consists of bringing a dish or splitting the cost of food for the day.
- Saturday, Feb 29th: Friendly with Portage & Rochester at Portage, WI (ALL)
- Open to ALL! No matter your experience! Join the CRCC with curlers from the Portage Curling Club in Portage, WI for a fun 1- day event.
- Friendlies are a chance for club members to go to 1-day friendly games with teams from the local club on dedicated ice. Each friendly will consist of 2-3 games for each team.
- This is an opportunity for anyone to play on dedicated ice against other clubs and just have a fun day curling. These events are open to everyone from beginner to advanced player it doesn’t really matter.
- This cost of this event is $25 per person and includes Lunch, Dinner, Soda and Beer. They ask we bring snacks and desserts to share.
- Register Here
Saturday - Sunday, April 18-19: All- American at St. Louis, MO (Women)
- Cedar Rapids Curling is partnering with the St. Louis Curling Club to host a USWCA All-American event April 18-19, 2020, in St. Louis. All-American events events were designed to encourage the involvement of women - especially new and less experienced female curlers - so they may have a bonspiel experience, and to foster a greater awareness of women's curling and the role of the USWCA.
- This event is a 3-game guarantee with 8-end games. All meals will be provided at the event. We will have a small raffle and all proceeds will go towards the 2021 All-American Bonspiel.
- Along with the bonspiel, there will be clinics focused on different aspects of the game taught by a national champion and Level 2 instructors.
- Cost is $100 per person
- Sign up as an individual at: St. Louis Curling Club Website
Currently scheduling 2019-20 friendlies. Check back for upcoming dates and locations.